Grant Applications 2023
WCW Foundation Grant Applications Are Now Available
The Woman’s Club of Wisconsin Foundation is pleased to announce the opportunity for members to nominate one of their favorite local nonprofits for a 2023 Foundation grant.
As a Club member you may sponsor one nonprofit organization or agency per year. The grant applicant must fill out the application completely and return it, along with all required forms and your signature, no later than 5 PM Friday, September 23, 2022. The maximum grant available is $5,000.
Contact Michelle to obtain the application form and grant process information, which is available in hard copy or electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414.276.5170.
We are also seeking Club members to join the Grant Allocation Committee! We welcome all Club members to join this fun and rewarding committee. The work includes conducting a “site visit” with an applicant (which may end up being virtual this year), as well as presenting a report on your findings at a Grant Review Session to be held in mid-February. An orientation meeting is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, October 12, from 10:30 AM-11:30 AM. The process culminates on Friday, October 14, from 5 PM-6 PM, at the Club’s annual Foundation Day Luncheon.
Contact Amy at email@example.com if you would like additional information.
Grant Application Program
MISSION: To support philanthropic, educational, and cultural programs and to ensure, through our expanding foundation, that the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin’s historic commitment to community service endures and flourishes.
ORGANIZATION ELIGIBILITY: To be nominated by a Woman’s Club of Wisconsin member for a Foundation, grant organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be recognized as a tax-exempt charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for a minimum of the past three years.
- Located in and provide services to the residents of Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, and/or Racine counties, or be a recognized local chapter of a state or national charity serving this region. All grant monies must be used to provide services to people who live in these geographic areas.
- Have an annual operating budget under $5,000,000.
- Proposals will not be considered for projects/organizations perceived to have purposes/practices which are political, discriminatory, and/or widely controversial.
- A proposal will not be considered from a religious organization or institution when a project’s impact would be chiefly and principally denominational, i.e., to further the beliefs and tenets of a particular religious denomination.
- Proposals will be favored which are not primarily financed by public tax funds.
- No organization shall receive grants beyond three consecutive years. An interim “wait period” of two years qualifies an organization for subsequent consideration. In addition, any organization which received grants in three of the last four years shall be ineligible for the current year.
Due to COVID - 19
the Woman's Club of Wisconsin
will have limited hours.
The Club's office will be open
Monday-Friday 9 AM - 4 PM.
Tuesday-Thursday 10 AM - 2 PM for a la carte dining and curbside pickup.
Friday from 10 AM to 7:30 PM
the dining room will be open for lunch/dinner service and curbside pickup.
Be safe, be healthy, and be well!